Donghwan Lee, DAOM, LAc, Dipl OM
Acupuncturist & Herbalist located in Midtown, New York, NY
The healing power of herbs has long been understood by Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). In a world where drugs are often the first line of defense against disease, men and women in New York can find more natural, effective solutions at DH Acupuncture. Dr. Lee is extremely skilled at using herbs to treat depression, tic disorders, prostatitis, hyperlipidemia, hip arthritis, and allergies. Under the guidance of Donghwan Lee, LAC, you can resolve acute problems or long-standing health issues with Chinese herbal medicine, as well as with other holistic treatments that address your entire well-being.
Chinese Herbal Medicine Q & A
What is Chinese Herbal Medicine?
In Traditional Chinese Medicine, herbal remedies have long been a fundamental part of treating illness and disease. At DH Acupuncture, Donghwan Lee uses a variety of different herbs and herbal mixtures to address both acute and chronic conditions. These herbs may come in various forms, such as teas, tinctures, or pills.
Will Chinese Herbal Medicine Work For Me?
Most people will respond well to Chinese herbal medicine. It may be particularly useful if you:
- Suffer from “multiple” troubling symptoms
- Experience chronic fatigue or lethargy
- Aren’t getting relief from other treatment methods
- Tend to experience negative side effects when taking medications
How does treatment work?
Chinese herbal medicine is used as part of a comprehensive healing protocol that is customized to your needs. In most cases, this will complement other modalities Donghwan Lee uses to address your health concerns. These may include:
- Acupuncture. This is the practice of using needles to stimulate certain points on the body that restore and direct the natural flow of energy, or chi, to the organs.
- Bian Shi (Bian stones). Imported from China, Bian stones contain more than 30 types of trace elements and minerals. When the stones are heated and applied to the body, they can offer curative benefits and effectively treat pain.
- Acupressure. Similar to acupuncture but without the use of needles, acupressure works by manipulating the flow of the body’s energy with physical pressure on specific points of the body.
Depending on the severity of your symptoms, Donghwan Lee may suggest a long-term herbal treatment, dietary adjustments, and lifestyle changes to improve your results.
What are the benefits of Chinese herbal medicine?
Like other methods of integrative medicine, Chinese herbs can help support the body’s immune system and organ health. They strengthen your resistance to disease and can lower inflammatory response, which contributes to pain and illness.
In general, Chinese herbal medicine may be used to:
- Improve energy
- Boost respiratory health
- Reduce pain and inflammation
- Improve digestion
- Enhance sleep
- Regulate the menstrual cycle
- Resolve skin issues like acne or eczema
Herbs are especially good for patients who have digestive problems or gastritis due to taking medications.
To achieve a more balanced state and find fast and effective relief today, book an appointment with the expert team at DH Acupuncture.
What people are saying:
I was experiencing a lot of stress about ten months ago from which I began hearing a pounding noise in my left ear. I met Dr. Lee to discuss my condition and he prescribed me Oriental herbal medicine which comes in packets to drink from every day. This, along with other advice he provided, significantly reduce that noise in my ear. I am continuing to receive diagnosis and treatment from him. I am so grateful to Dr. Lee who is a great listener, sympathetic, and truly cares about your needs. I highly suggest him for anyone experiencing pain and wants quality service that works. Thank you Dr. Lee!
-M.C. (from Yelp)